“Great writers are great readers.”
There’s a lot of great stuff out there, and if I have half a brain, I’ll steal some of it. Read their stuff. Like it, follow it, and comment on it. Seriously – it’s crazy how good these people are.
- “A Principal’s Reflections”, by Principal Eric Sheniger. Articles on leadership, best practices, and creating a student-centered learning culture.
- “for the love of learning”, by Joe Bower. A progressive point of view aimed at uprooting education myths that distract from a love of learning; lots of great conversations to get teachers thinking!
-“Twenty-Two Words”, by Abraham Piper through Abuyo Media. A blend of 10-12 comical posts that keep up with viral sensations, pop cultures phenomenon, and other humor that could spark creative goodness in your classroom.
- “Cool Cat Teacher”, by Vicki Davis. Highly-followed and greatly successful motivational blog for educators.
- “Life is Sweet…In Kindergarten”, by Rachelle Rosenblit. An colorfully elaborate blog for elementary teachers with downloads and a writer who will gladly dialogue with new teachers requesting help! (Also, a fellow Hope College alumni, if I may say so…)
- “Stuff Christians Like”, by Jon Acuff. A hilarious examination of Christianity’s idiosyncrasies, SCL is a fun daily dose of humor. Also check out Acuff’s more personal blog, based on the principles of his book Quitter, here.
- “A Boomer in the Pew”, by Dave Porter. After retiring from the business world at age 50, “the Boomer” renews his search for purpose in his faith in Christ – a great blog to follow for those wishing to reinvigorate their belief.
- “Desiring God Blog”, by John Piper. From one of Christianity’s finest apologists; it doesn’t get much better than this one.
- “joshharris.com”, by Josh Harris. A pastor and author from Maryland, Harris blogs about pop culture from the Christian point-of-view. Excellent inclusion of media and videos!
- “Challies Dot Com”, by Tim Challies. Excellent thoughts and exhortations of faith, including lots of freebies on “Free Stuff Fridays.”
Education & Christian Blog:
I can only find one so far…. you’re reading it!
- “Goins, Writer”, by Jeff Goins. Excellent encouragement and passionate challenge from a graduate of Jon Acuff’s “Quitter Conference”. You’re a writer, so act like one!